Monday, March 23, 2015

Racism: How To Approach Racism ~ Jimmy Hall, MS;BBA

I am a White guy. I hate racists and racism. Right or wrong, I do. This goes for "white trash" as well as "black instigators." The problem is that by attacking either evil group, or their leaders, I appear to also be attacking or degrading their individual races in general. NO WAY! 

Speaking up or writing-out is often a seemingly no-win situation. My heart has a deep feeling of care and love and even pity for minorities, but often I simply despise their "self-appointed leaders." Furthermore, the same minority pals I adore usually also disagree with the crazy Jesse Jacksons, Al Sharptons, Andy "S.A.W.B." Youngs, Joseph Lowerys, and Prez BHOs of the world - YET get mad at me for expressing the very same feelings they claim to share and believe about them! (Kinda like, "I hate my brother or cousin, and can talk about him, but you better not!")

My White friends are often just as bad or worse. Though claiming to be Christians, they often get upset when I attack White racists that hate Black people. (Although they themselves claim to like or love African-Americans!) Go figure.

Get it? I care about good people of all races, but not everyone understands that. (If I could care about and solve the problems of those I despise, that would be nice also.) An African-American woman (Liz) was a second mother to me in the capital of racism AND Civil Rights in the 1960's (Atlanta). I hugged, kissed, and hungout with her and her children without thought. I loved her, and wherever she is I still do.

Despite the macro and political and racial circumstances, I was colorblind. I may have sometimes been scared while walking around Greenbriar Mall, West End, WestGate, or DeLowe Drive at dark, but people were just people to me - and in most cases STILL ARE.

So, how to approach racism is an important subject, especially in the age of Fergusson, Missouri, or "The Knockout Game," and random killings and assaults via "Black on Black," "Black on White," "White on "Black," and yes - even "White on White" Crime.

My philosophy is that skin color should not matter or mean anything. The problem is that due to America's past history, people of similar skin colors tend to cluster together, and share common traits and parts of a common culture. Like it or not, the shared individual cultures of many "Street Blacks" and "White Trash" are awful. Hating the culture is percieved as hating the color. NOT SO!

I am clueless as how to point-out the evils of "White Trash" or "Black Instigators" without using society's basic profiles: SKIN COLOR. How do we point out evil without so often offending the non-evil people that wrongly get mad when we do it? Help? This piece, as you read, is as much about questions as solutions.

The solutions are included somewhere amid the Bible (The Word of God Himself) and in the person of Jesus Christ. Our base troubles in America, including Racism, all stem from our lack of adherence to God's Principles. It has been said many times before, WE NEED A SPIRITUAL REVIVAL IN AMERICA - and the whole world....

Who's with me?????????????

Jimmy Hall, MS;BBA is a writer from outside Atlanta, Georgia. His company, Jimmy Hall Writing Services (404-580-1501) specializes in Business Plans, Resumes, Letters, Obits, and Web Content - among other writing tasks. He is also an avid weightlifter, striving to make it to the next level.....


No comments:

Post a Comment