Sunday, October 4, 2015

Atlanta Falcons: Fair-Weather Falcons Fan

Okay, I admit it, I was skeptical about the 2015-16 Atlanta Falcons team. I was thinking "rebuilding year," yet again, given the hiring of a new coach. However, after starting the season with 4 straight wins, I am onboard. Go Falcons!

Yes, this fair-weather Falcons fan is finally all-in for the season. I wish this Falcons team would go undefeated and win the Super Bowl. I am being serious here. You never know. It could happen.

There is very little logic or rhyme or reason in professional sports anymore, no more than in the stock markets. Emotion rules. 



Mental attitude and personal situations seem to mean as much or more than talent or fitness - at least in the short-run. Especially more than coaching.

Given this, the Atlanta Falcons have as good a shot as any other NFL team to at least win their division. Go Dirty Birds!

Admittedly, I support the team and the players much more than the franchise and the owners, basically due to political stances and the fact that I am a Christian; however, I do not hate the management just because of their views - I simply do not like them. Understand?

I like having something to be excited about. I vividly recall the feelings and emotions in the sports bars around town that began with the '91 Atlanta Braves Season, and later the '98 Atlanta Falcons Season, and then some. 

That fan unity and bonding of Atlanta sports' fans is great. We need it again. The Braves have let us all down in recent years, as have the Georgia Bulldogs. 

The Atlanta Falcons can restore hope again. Atlanta is a football and baseball town; again, we need one or the other or both professional teams to produce wins for us again. 

Indeed, as long as the win, I am a fair-weather Falcons fan and not ashamed of it - despite their dismal franchise history. Who's with me?????   LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment