Saturday, October 24, 2015

Freelance Writing: Freelance Writer Life/Atlanta

Being a freelance writer in Atlanta, particularly focusing on business and web writing, is initially a tough trade. You have to be great at what you do in order to continue doing it! How so? Please read-on.

Writers have notoriously small budgets for advertising or anything else; thus, in the 21st Century we freelance writers must rely upon the World Wide Web (blogs, websites, expert articles, social media, etc) to garner visibility and business.



When a client needing web content or search engine optimization (seo) work contacts me, their locating me is my best endorsement! Of all the freelance writers around the nation and the world, I was able to stand-out and be found in their search via Google, Bing, or whatever search engine they used.

My standard line when asked if I am a good web content writer is, “You found me, didn’t you?” But, that is web writing. Often-times business writing or resume writing requires a bit more convincing.

In cases of potential clients needing samples, I basically direct them to my blogs, website, and social media pieces. Providing writing samples for business plans, business proposals, resumes, letters, and other somewhat sensitive projects is near-impossible. As writers, we cannot share confidential info and data. That would be a betrayal.

To a great extent, we freelancers spend our time finding clients. The writing is easy; even web writing and seo work. It comes natural. Indeed, constant marketing of ourselves to try and pay rent and bills is the main task, and killer of our time.


I am Jimmy Hall, and I am a freelance writer outside of Atlanta, Georgia (404-580-1501). Give me a call; I’d like to assist you or your organization with your writing projects. 

Business Plan? Resume? Web Content? Press Release? Obituary? Letter? Business Proposal? Paper? Expert Article? Social Media? Blogging? Report?

No comments:

Post a Comment