Sunday, September 6, 2015

Happy Labor Day: Make Labor Day Count!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a great Labor Day, and symbolic end of summer. If possible, both rest and use some of this extra time wisely to take pressure off of the rest of your week.

We tend to use holidays for marking points in time. I do it constantly, to the point of beating myself up - missing my late parents. On this day in 1970, 1986, 2004, etc... I am just like that - especially around Labor Day.

Surprisingly enough, one day in upcoming years what we do today will seem like a big deal in restrospect. That's life. That's the human mind, memory, and condition. 

All of this this is especially true for nostalgic and sentimmental creatures like myself. As Paul McCartney once sang and wrote as a Beatle, "... then we will remember the things we said today..."

I guess the whole point is that holidays are a time to rewind, juice-up, socialize, and also work without being under daily work pressures. Everything we do on Labor Day seems like it is "extra" or a bonus. It almost seems like fun!

Ok, friends and acquaintances, let's go into the fall full speed with purpose and intent! Again, Happy Labor Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment