Monday, August 31, 2015

Tennis: U.S. Open Tennis/Roger Federer

I will be completely truthful, I no longer play tennis (I prefer weights), but I am a huge Roger Federer fan. Based on stats, form, and ability - I think he is the greatest tennis player that has ever lived. He is about the sole reason that I care about the U.S. Open Tennis Championship.

Federer ("The Fed") is in great form again, winning in Cincinnati and making the Wimbledon Final prior to that. At 34 years of age, he appears to be having a "second wind" amid his monumental career (unfortunately, unlike Tiger Woods thus far in golf). Winning the 2015 U.S. Open Championship would certainly cap a productive year.


One can only imagine how many more total Majors Roger would have won had it not been for the competitive era he has played in. (For some reason he has never matched-up well "head-to-head" against Nadal, and probably only slightly better against Djokovic.)

I have not seen the U.S. Open draw or lineup, but Federer has certainly played pretty good tennis against Djokovic, whom I feel is his key challenger at this point. On any given day Roger can still beat him. 

You can bet your last dollar that The Fed wants to add several more Major Tennis Championships to his resume, and his heart is set on this U.S. Open being the next first one, or the first next one! I support Roeger Federer 99.9%...

No comments:

Post a Comment