Sunday, August 23, 2015

I Am A Mean Christian: Jesus Was No Sissy

I always feel like when I say something people should immediately take it at face value as truth, because I only state the truth. If what I say is an opinion or speculation, I word it in that way. As a Christian (line-upon-line Bible-Believing Calvinist), I know many things other people are clueless about - and when I share, I get mad if they do not believe me!

The consequences of this justified anger are that fusses, disagreeents, and arguments develop. Unfortunately, the people I am disagreeing with have some false notion that as a Christian I must be "nice" and "sweet" while disagreeing. Nothing could be further from the truth! I am a mean Christian.



You see, over the past 2,000 years Christians and the evil World in general have somehow remade Jesus Christ into some "kind and sweet" human being (while also God in the flesh) that He NEVER excatly was on Earth. He dislikes the way we now portray and perceive Him.

Jesus was often angry, called people vicious names (12 times in one chapter of the Gospels alone), wept, yelled and screamed and overturned tables (even in the Temple), did drink fermented wine (some idiots even accused Him of being a drunkard, since John the Baptist before Him did not drink alcohol), ignored people and turned them away (3 times in a single chapter of Luke), said He came not to bring peace but a sword (to be used in Revelation on His enemies), and stated that he would turn family members and friends against one another. And, how about the slaughtering in Revelation, and the eternal Hell that follows???? Wow!



Furthermore, The Lord Jesus said we are to hate even our own relatives for His sake (by comparison) and that we better love Him more than them. He was in no way, shape, or form the sweet guy we have falsely made Him out to be.

Many people often also forget that The Lord Jesus is and was GOD Himself, and the Creator of the Universe. He was and is The Word, and was with the Father all of eternity-past, and He personally made the World. 



Later, He was the same as God that slaughtered the Human Race with the Flood (up to 20 million people), ordered the Israelites to perform genocide on the Midianites (probably 10,000 - 15,000 slaughtered including women and children), plagued the Egyptians and killed their first-born, and does the horseback riding with the sword in Revelation!

I once read a book called "NO MORE CHRISTIAN NICE GUY," or something like that. In it we see just how far off-base our picture of Jesus really is from Who He was when He came down to Earth  as a Human being. Jesus is and was NO SISSY....

No comments:

Post a Comment