Sunday, August 9, 2015

I'd Like To Be Loveable, But Won't Compromise

Deep down everyone wants to be loved and needs to be loved, no matter what they all might say. It's human nature, despite the inherent bad amid our very beings from the fall of Eve and Adam. Even I'd like to be loved and considered loveable, or would I?

Take myself for example. I am nostalgic, sentimental, caring, kind, generous, and knowledgeable - but, I am not really all that loveable. Why? Please continue reading. 

I am not all that loveable, or even loved, because I am not politically correct nor personably correct. For my part, I refuse to say what someone wants to hear. How so? I am programmed to tell the truth at all times, not even "little white lies." 

A lie is a lie to me. One Valentine's night my then girlfriend asked me how her brand new expensive dress looked, expecting me to rubber stamp it. I did not like it, and I told her so. The truth is the truth, if you don't want a true answer, don't ask the question.

Guess what? People don't want that. Others desire to be flattered and spoken favorably to and about most of the time, and then "conditionally" like or love those back that conform to that manner of social behavior. People also want to hear or see that you agree with their positions on all matters - spiritual, political, economical, and social. 

The point of this blog piece is that, personally, I refuse to compromise if it means betraying Christian Principles. To me, if God says or writes it, that settles it - period. Everyone is supposed to be this way, but are not.

In all honesty, I always get mad at Aunt Bee on the Andy Griffith show for her continued lies, almost on every show. That's just me - and to non-Christians or Liberal Christians that's not loveable!

It all boils down to this: I would love to be loved, but I would much rather not be loved by people if it means having to disobey God to obtain this conditional love. I refuse. Nope, no way. What you see or read is what you get with me. 

I am NOT ashammed of the Gospel of Christ, and will not deny any of it to be more loved... Do you? Will you?

~ I am Jimmy Hall and I own Jimmy Hall Writing Services/Atlanta (404-580-1501). I can help you with web content, blogging, business plans, resumes, letters, obits, and more... Thanks....


No comments:

Post a Comment