Wednesday, December 23, 2015

2015 In Review: My 2015 – Jimmy Hall (404-580-1501)

Unfortunately, I must state that the year 2015 has been very forgettable in many ways. What started with much hope, vigor, and forward anticipation quickly turned to further darkness and extended agony.

While I succeeded in crafting about 450 personal and business blog pieces for my near-new blogs, and changed-out about 25 or 30 of my own business website’s pages, operations still never quite picked back up – following the 9 month layoff during and after mother’s illness and subsequent death in 2014.


In the past year I have learned that you never really ever know anyone as well as you think you do, and that 90% of even the people that you should know best are out for themselves period. This goes for clients, friends, acquaintances, and even some distant and extended family members.

Sadness, pain, and much anger have dominated far too much of my attention in 2015. Sorrow is the price a sentimental, nostalgic, and caring person pays for loving others that are not of his particular ilk and temperament. As Hemingway explained, “Sentimental people are the most cruel.” I have been direct and vicious at times, as well. Papa may have been right.

Yes, 2015 has been a year of a very close personal, romantic, and financial betrayal by a hypocritical woman that claimed to be a Christian, monetary hardships, constant plumbing issues, back-to-basic actions, finding my next door neighbor’s hanging body after counselling him for 5 months, a horrific accident with bad injuries, and of learning to ride a bicycle without brakes for many miles at a time while someone has had my car in their shop for almost 16 months! A lot of people simply SUCK.


I suppose the bright side of 2015 is that I am still alive, despite the daily persecutions of being a Christian that stands strongly for the Bible and God’s true Doctrines of Grace through Faith. As Holy Scripture declares, “All those that live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.” I have experienced it almost daily – particularly on Social Media and in my personal life.

While I have an occasional horrid temper, I have nonetheless withstood the circumstances and kept the faith. Jesus certainly sometimes divides family and friends in many ways, just as He warned He would. That is still no excuse to water down the message of Christ and the Cross, “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation...”

What will 2016 hold? From a human standpoint it looks very bleak, but my hope is that God will once again turn His favor upon me and bless me as He has done in the past. 2015 is over, to Hell with 2015…

Jimmy Hall (404-580-1501) is a writer/consultant and business plan developer/writer, resume writer, web content writer, and also crafts many other business and personal writing projects



No comments:

Post a Comment