Monday, November 16, 2015

Crazy Neighbor Lady: Nosey Woman

Almost every neighborhood has at least one of them, a “crazy neighbor lady.” You know the type. She has little to do but watch everyone else, and find as many faults (real or imaginary) as possible in them or their premises. We have one!

Yes, a crazy woman on the other side of our street makes a habit of complaining to us all about other people, and takes great pride in reporting them for non-existent code violations and other things – just as if we were all a part of some homeowners association or something (there is NOT one).

My next door neighbors made the terrible mistake of improving their home, adding a front balcony and overhang, and left their material and equipment out at night. Bad people! LOL. The crazy neighbor lady hated that. (I doubt she likes Hispanics anyway.)



The people next door to them had an estate sale or yard sale and did not put all the items inside overnight. Shame on them; they were reported to the county.

Do you see where this is going? We are talking about a nosey person here, with little better to do than pry into other people’s business and feel important by causing trouble.

The lady, and I use that term very loosely like her, is simply a bored woman with a drinking and womanizing husband, and feels a need to do or be something in life. Indeed, life has been bad to her, or so she thinks. We all reap what her husband sows to her. Yes, I did say “we.” What?

First, my tent upset her. I had setup a small tent outside to read, study, write, and use the computer in during the summer months. I like the outdoors and fresh air. To her, that was awful. She asked me to take it down. (I simply let it down, but left it in place for future use, because it is almost winter.)

NEXT - Evidently, the 4 small plastic saw horses I set up evenly and nicely across my driveway (to separate the parking area from the top of the driveway) bother this nutjob. Why do I say this? She asked me about them a month ago, with a sigh or grimace on her face.

Either county code enforcement got the house number confused with the others she has reported, or else she has formally complained about my own driveway saw horses to the county! Is this woman crazy or what?

My first fleshly thought, upon finding out about this situation, was to get in her face and read her a riot act. Upon further contemplation, however, I elected to just do as the Apostle Paul says in the Bible – I simply took down and moved the saw horses so as not to offend her insanely sensitive eyes. (Paul states that though something is lawful, he would not do it if it offended others.)

In all honesty, I see why the neighbor man drinks and stays out of town about 3 weeks a month. If I had to live with such a crazy woman, I might do the exact same thing. Do you have a crazy and nosey neighbor lady in your midst, secretly or otherwise? You may not know!


Jimmy Hall (404-580-1501) is a local writing service owner and former columnist for numerous publications. www.jimmyhallwritingservices.com . HJimmy577@aol.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment