Sunday, November 15, 2015

Ignorant Christian Brethren

We Christians mean well, on balance, but the fact is that many Christians are as ignorant, or at times even more ignorant, than many non-Believers. That is right. Just because someone understands the most important truth of the universe does not make them otherwise smart or intelligent.

Case and point: I visited a “church” for two nights two weeks ago with my female roommate. Given her rather limited Bible knowledge and the brainwashing she has accepted from false tv preachers, I should have figured ahead of time what I might experience. I gave it a shot anyway.

The week in question was to be a “revival” for the church. There were wild and unsubstantiated stories of folks rising from the dead in Africa, crippled people walking, and all the other stuff that is possible but usually staged by these types of outfits (as exposed on numerous tv investigative programs).



The psychological ploy of “groupthink” was also used by this “church” (my roommate likely doesn’t even know what that is, or how she was being ‘played’). In addition, often business interests own a number of these small and even larger churches, and make good money at the expense of the unknowing members and visitors that contribute. (These folks reminded the attendees several times that they take credit cards.)

I gave the place a chance; I went twice, for around 2 ½ hours each time. I understood that it was a special week of services, so I was not all that alarmed when little traditional teaching or preaching occurred. I figured it was a special week of praise and worship. Well, I was somewhat wrong.

A handful of the men wore ball caps, despite what the Bible says about men’s heads not being covered at church; the women wore provocative tight jeans and unladylike tops, (Yes, I admit I looked) and there was little sense of order in the place. There was screaming and yelling and pure emotionalism – it was in no way orderly as God does things. It was NOT remotely Bible-based.

I have since found out that this outfit simply acts emotional and rarely ever teaches or preaches much Bible in their services. They confuse their emotionalism with following God. Sincere or not, they are ignorant, at least in the way they claim they believe. They have pep rallies, not church services. Sports bars are much more sincere, even at that.

Even most new Christians understand that The Bible is The Word of God, and should be taught and read and preached as the basis for church services. Not these people! (Jesus Himself always read or spoke Scripture when He taught, often Isaiah.)

Christ should be magnified in church and always, and the Cross preached. (Many of these folks did not even have Bibles with them.) This was all but missing.

I’d say that in almost 5 hours of time at this place, I saw on their screens or heard them teach or say maybe 8 Bible verses, or close to that number. I ask you, is this what God means by constantly being in His Word and gaining faith from the Word of God?

I can worship with all types, as it is both a personal and a group experience. I even read and studied my own Bible while these people danced and yelled and shook their bodies like they were in a bar or cabaret somewhere. However, when I find that an outfit ignores the very Word of God in favor of their own fleshly emotions, I must draw the line. Caution!

This was evidently NOT a special week of “worship” for them, but their ordinary idea of Christianity. Yikes! Don’t get me wrong, the people were and are nice – just off-base and off-Bible. Many do not even know it.

My unlearned roommate with her miniscule knowledge of God and the Bible enjoys it, for she thinks this is what God is all about – just FUN. I know better. Then again, she also believes this false tv “Prosperity Gospel” as well. Forget “Jesus wept,” or “I am lowly and meek,” these types of folks want fun and frolic and wealth!

For these kinds of rather mentally lazy “worshippers,” Christianity is all about themselves and what God can do for them. What the Bible says is of little importance to these “Christians.” They don’t even want to take the time and effort required to read and learn Scripture. Feelings matter more to them.

Regardless of what Jesus says negatively about excess wealth and money, the roommate and her kind crave to be prosperous and wealthy in this life. It sure seems like after ten years of believing these fake teachers and none of it happening for her that she would learn; but as I said, even many Christians are ignorant people.

If I err it is because I am not money-hungry enough; I feel like I need to be like the Disciples, Apostles, and Jesus Himself were in this life – not wealthy, but sufficient. Perhaps I need a little more of what these modern day frauds have, but in a Christian way? Hmmmm.


I am simply being truthful, based on what I know and saw. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment