Thursday, November 19, 2015

Prayer On Paper (523 Words)

So often I will not do as I should, and pray for a length of time in my room or on my bed; thus, I have decided to pray now as a written prayer and to allow anyone that wants to be able to join in agreement with me.

First, I have been slothful in praising You, God in Heaven, and have even said crazy things like “God has not blessed me much.” Father, I am sorry for this unappreciative attitude, and repent of it. You are just, righteous, and holy – and a graceful and merciful God, whether we always acknowledge it or not. Hallowed be thy name.

God, I acknowledge you are Creator of the Universe, and Master of every single thing alive and dead everywhere – from microbes to stars and galaxies. You are worthy of all praise, even when I do not joyfully give it. Thy will be done.

You have provided the Lord Jesus Christ as the Savior for mankind, for all that believe. You did not have to do this. You could have left us all to ourselves and our path from conception to eternal Hell, but you did not. You chose to save some via the conviction of your Holy Spirit. Thank you, Father.

I need to try and further appreciate and love those you have placed in my life, the relatives and friends I rarely appreciate as I should. I am sorry. I love them, but often act as I do not due to my temper and hard-headedness. I have pent-up anger inside of me.

This anger needs to be properly focused, not at those that love me and try to help me. I now cast aside Satan’s wishes that I remain argumentative all the time, as opposed to the proper times. I need to love fellow Christians that are not up to speed. In many cases they are holier and better than I am, regardless.

My sins are numerous: A bad mouth, restless spirit, quick temper, lack of following the Holy Spirit, a poor prayer life, financial fears, backbiting, improper tithing, lustful feelings, and often improper behavior and even occasional disrespect for You. I am sorry. 

I must repent and change my ways. I need to work hard, yet trust you as my provider. It is a hard call at times, as I tend to want to do all things myself. Let me accept my daily bread with trust and thanksgiving.

I need to feel the joy of my salvation again, as opposed to only the heady and scholarly form of it. I have strayed in many ways and numerous areas. 2 steps forward and 2 steps back has always been my norm. This must change. Forgive me of my trespasses, and let me forgive others.

You are the Glorious One. Please lead me not into temptation and deliver me from the evil I allow inside of myself. Please free me from self and my own thoughts and devices.


As Jesus also says, thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever and ever. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment