Friday, April 17, 2015

WHY "BE SAVED?" WHY BE A CHRISTIAN HYPOCRITE?

This might ruffle some feathers, and then make other people think real hard, especially myself as I write. However, I feel led to state it anyway, so I will continue.
I have determined that one of the greatest hindrances to Christianity itself is WE CHRISTIANS. That's right. In this day and age, there is little difference in our lives and those of non-believers. Looking at us publicly, what does our lifestyle have to offer them? Think about it.

I am perfect to write this column. I know where-of I speak. Even as a Christian, and a writer, I was the "man about town." Sitting at a bar, "social drinking," and "pontificating" about God, and against abortion and evil was sometimes a daily deal for me. I would write, drink, and preach.



Maybe this is okay prior to about 8pm at night. Then, the amount of beer adds up, and I look to be a bigger fool and sinner than those I speak to. Why on Earth would they want to be like me then? In fact, many onlookers might-well understandably think, "If the drinker is saying this, the other side must be right."

I suppose that other Christians have other faults. Whether it be mad-cussing ( Ooops, guilty again) frequent sexual encounters, name-calling (me again) dishonesty, poor judgement, lying, attitudes, smoking, drugs, unkindness, or whatever - we can be a sorry lot ourselves. The key difference is that we sin negligently OR due to habits or immediate reactions, as opposed to doing so completely willingly. We also later feel compelled to ask for forgiveness, but the non-believers rarely know or see this. THEY notice only our wickedness that WE CLAIM to have overcome.

Naturally, the big questions for non-Christians to us are, "Why should we be saved? Why be a Christian? What, if anything, has it done for you?"

Whether we like these queries or not, they are all valid. What do we allow God to do for us, and what do we publicly do for God? Answer: Little. No, very little.

Sure, we might sometimes explain that humans are born with a sinful, genetically and spiritually deficient nature which separates us from a holy God. Then we note that Jesus Christ was a sacrifice for our sins on the cross, and rose from the dead, and we have accepted His Spirit in our hearts to be saved from sin and Hell, and to be able to now know God personally. Yes, we do that. BUT, do not our actions override our words with respect to others?



Even true Christians have turned Christianity into just another aspect of their lives - like sports, recreation, work, family, hobbies, tv, politics, or what-not. It is hardly the base or root from which these other things sprout. We are a bunch of pretenders and fakes.

Outside of church most of us have to tell even our acquaintances that we are Christians! It is no longer obvious. How pitiful.

Becoming a Christian is vital for human existence, in spite of the way many of we Christians act. Communion with God is impossible otherwise. A wall of sin and death keeps human beings and their Maker apart, without the acceptance of Christ's sacrifice. Once accepted, a person literally transfers from the Kingdom of Darkness to the Kingdom of Light, despite the later complacency which often follows conversion. That is a fact.

In the past week I have lost my temper with at least a dozen people, used bad language in defense of God, and have maintained an awful attitude. I am wrong for doing this. Still, given that I did not commit these sinful actions with the intent of being able to confess them later, God forgives me due the permanent work of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a blessing of grace given by God which I nor anyone else deserves. I understand this.




What God does for me, He does for others. In return, I suggest that we all should start BEING CHRISTIANS and allowing God to live through our lives, as opposed to our ACTING LIKE Christians sometimes and really being just as much like FRAUDS.

Who's with me?????????

###

No comments:

Post a Comment