Sunday, May 31, 2015

Father's Day: Shout-Out To My Late Dad

Father's Day 2015 is approaching, and may be here by the time you read this. This marks my tenth Father's Day without my late dad. I cannot believe it. 

As a child we think our parents will be with us forever, though we should know better. Even as an adult death is still shocking, years later.

As an only-child, I was particularly close to my late dad and my late mom. Unless you are a single only-child you won't be able to understand that. If you are, you know. (The situation is generally very dysfunctional, close to a dozen phone calls a day, every news event is something to share, etc...)




The worlds of parents and only-children simply revolve around each other. When someone dies, it is earth-shattering, and there are no siblings or sons or daughters or mate to share grief with.

With my mother's murder by a local hospital system/ambulance service/ and rehab facility just last summer - everything is new to me, and most of my grief and sorrow have been with respect to my late mom. I am alone. Still, I know daddy understands that I love and miss him immensely, as well. Now, to the purpose of the blog piece...

This is a shout-out to "Daddy." Even if I live to be 150, I will still be your little boy. I love you and thank you for life and raising me, and your patience. And, do not worry, I firmly believe in Biblical vengeance, as God directs. If I have my way, they will pay for what they have done, Daddy. Numbers 35:19 is ever in my heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment