Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Life Versus Work: Business Writing Versus Pleasure Writing and Christ

I love to write, and am fortunate enough to be able to do it well and swiftly. I was given this talent from birth; I did not create it amid myself - I have only fed and watered this ability through much reading, study, and both logical & creative thought. Still, a battle rages between life versus work:  pleasure writing (including Christian writing) versus business writing.

This war rages on Blogger.com. How? I could literally spend every minute of my life writing material for my business' website and business blog and it would not be enough, but my heart yearns to blog on this personal space about life in general.

Life should be more than work, but work is required for life, and vice-versa. Catch-22. In that sense I mix many things up, at least. I note work info on this blog, but blog from the heart. Whatever I think about I write about. Get it? Everything from Jesus to Fitness.




The question is, how does everyone else determine how to allocate their precious time which is called LIFE? Do your activities come naturally, or are they well-planned? What say ye?

How do you uphold your Scriptural responsibilities, and at the same time function effectively amid this world? How do you do earthly work when your heart yearns for specifically Christian activities? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Again - My own solution varies, and admittedly my activities overlap, The cause of Christ often costs my business work, but my work also sometimes makes others aware of Jesus. One thing I refuse to do is compromise Christ for popularity and wealth. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ in any of my writing...

~Jimmy is the owner of Jimmy Hall Writing Services (404-580-1501), and prepares resumes, business plans, web content, blogs, and other writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment