Monday, July 20, 2015

Beatles (Fab Four) : Why I Love Beatles' Music

I am a professional writer and business writer (404-580-1501), yet despite the image - I have been a Beatles fan since I was 9 years old. Abbey Road was one of the first albums I ever had, right after Bobby Sherman! 

The Beatles had just broken-up when I became a fan, but I sure loved their odd looks and neat songs like "Something," "Come Together," "Maxwell's Silver Hammer," and that incredible pop medley on side two.....

In my mind, even then I vaguely recalled seeing all the fuss they had made coming to America 6 year earlier when I was a toddler in Atlanta. They were different, confident, and seemed to always be in control. They were silly, and some lyrics repetitive, but the words all told stories about love, life, friendship, and everyday living. I loved it.

The Beatles played at Atlanta Stadium before the Braves ever did. Now, that makes me feel very old! It was a monumental event that I could only see on the news, as a 4 year-old. Even Mayor Ivan Allen was involved.

Anyway, I was a Beatles guy after the fact, after the breakup. I had every album, book, magazine, and much of the other stuff. Later, when John Lennon was killed, I must have bought 30 tribute magazines, or more.

Indeed, I was a Beatles fan first and foremost due to the words of their songs, and secondly due to the fact that they were the ultimate professionals in writing most of their own stuff, playing it well, and singing it all like 4 Elvis Presleys. 

The "Fab Four" invented the modern "rock tour;" no one played stadiums before the Beatles. The guys also invented electronic feedback, and were among the first artists to record a lot in stereo. And who else (no one) has had the top 5 songs on the chart at once (with 11 other songs on the chart at the same time, and the top 2 albums)???? Not a bad week!

Unfortunately for me, I had to really curtail my interest in the Beatles. I became a true Christian in 1982 and realized that to an extent I idolized them. I actually BURNED my Beatles stuff, not because I thought it was evil - but just because it/they took-up too much of my God-given time. I matured.

I suppose the epitome' of my Beatles experience came in 1993 (after my interest was somewhat curtailed). I not only walked across the Zebra Abbey Road Crosswalk in London, but also slipped inside the studio office, before being thrown out!

I may be a professional writer/Atlanta (business plans, resumes, blogs, web content, and other things) but I also love great music! If I can help you in any way, please give me a call at 404-580-1501, or write me at HJimmy577@aol.com   ....

No comments:

Post a Comment