Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Public Library: Public Libraries Help Everyone

I love public libraries and bookstores. Why? Not just because of the huge selection of books and videos and other things they offer, but due to the "atmosphere." Yes, the ambience these places hold helps me immensely. They are Paris, France to me.



As owner of Jimmy Hall Writing Services (404-580-1501) I often need to get away from the home office and its clutter and work elsewhere. The public library is an ideal location to read and write and organize things. (Something about working away from home also seems more "official," and productive.)



Often I will simply grab the trusty laptop computer, get on my 7-speed bicycle, and head to the local Douglas County Public Library (Selman Drive/near Douglas County High School) for a half day or so of constructive work. Still, whether working or not, public libraries help everyone!



I admit, I like to have company around, but at least at arms' length. I also like to hear occasional light chatter in the background, and feel good seeing what I perceive as being wholesome library employees doting about doing things I might also enjoy doing in another life. 



Whether researching a writing project, writing someone's resume, developing a business plan, or simply crafting web content or letters, it is hard to find a better or more enjoyable place than a public library to work. (Plus the tables are big, and work can be spread-out.) The only problem is that libraries can be so relaxing at times that I can be sort of "lulled" to rest, and could nap in the place if I let myself!

I encourage anyone not taking advantage of the resources of public libraries to do so, especially if you live near the Douglasville, Georgia area. We are blessed with a great library and a wonderful staff of librarians.

~ Jimmy Hall (404-580-1501) is a professional writer of business plans, resumes, web content, and more...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the write up! We appreciate having you as a patron.:)
    ~your local library lady

    ReplyDelete